What transfer student need to know
Students who have completed 1-2 years of study with another teacher are great candidates to start taking online lessons with Jim.
Students should know how to:
* Play Major & minor pentascales (5-finger patterns)
* Recognize intervals of 2nd-5th on staff & keyboard
It is helpful, but not necessary, if they also know:
* C major scale
* C major scale primary chords (I-IV-V)
FREE Assessment meeting
Let's set up a time for a FREE assessment meeting, learn more about each other, and decide if online lessons with Jim are right for you.
Students should be prepared to:
* play a piece they have worked on recently,
* play major/minor pentascales, and
* discuss intervals and other music concepts.
Parents and students will have plenty of time to ask Jim questions about logistics.